Society's oversaturation of sex

Kate Horowitz, Sex, I'm sick of it
Have you ever seen one of those couples in a park on a Sunday afternoon rolling around on top of each other like it's no one's business? ...

Such a display is a product of society's oversaturation of sex and all things related to it...

It worries me that those sexually explicit billboards down William Street may actually cause more car accidents than sell whatever product it is that has to do with a semi-nude woman riding a motorbike...

People will say to me the times are a-changing, we can't pretend sex doesn't exist like some 1950s family sitcom. But it's not that. I just want to go out for a coffee and not have to know what every woman and man, or man and man, or woman and woman, or two women and a man, or a man and a woman, a goat, a video camera and a bunch of sex toys do in their bedrooms/ in an alleyway/ online/ or anywhere else.
I don't care what people do in private, but I agree the public space has been over-sexualised. Whilst I enjoy a healthy appetite for arousal, I want control over when and where that happens. Seeing half-naked billboards everywhere is annoying, distracting and tiresome. And the leggings/tights fashion, whilst initially quite exciting, is now just annoying arousal overload. Leggings are not pants (content warning), so cover up.

No comments:

Post a Comment